Davis Boulevard Baptist Church was first organized on April 18, 1954 as Gospel Baptist Church. The new congregation consisted of 36 charter members under the pastoral leadership of Jack Taliaferro. The church first met in a home until a tent was erected at 6540 Pipeline Rd. (presently Glenview Dr.) on land donated by J.L. Autrey.
On August 3, 1958, Gospel Baptist Church voted to join the Southern Baptist Convention. The following year, the church also joined the Tarrant Baptist Association after changing its name to West Richland Hills Baptist Church.
Under the leadership of James Copeland, the church moved to 5201 Smithfield Rd. (presently Davis Blvd.) on September 28, 1968. The church changed its name again on January 1, 1969 to Davis Boulevard Baptist Church. In the 20 years that followed, the church experienced periods of growth and decline.
In November 2004, Davis Boulevard Baptist Church moved again, this time into a vacant YMCA building. We reside in that same building today, at 5408 Davis Blvd. As we move forward, we are grateful for the men and women who went before us and look forward to an exciting future.